Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Can you smell me now?

If I were going to throw my life away I wouldn't do so by returning to school to study poetry. I'd study perfume making. The olfactory sense is a great source of great fascination for me.

Scaramouch recently posted these 2 great finds on the subject of perfume toYESbutNObutYES.

The perfume that smells of cheese
"The perfume industry has long followed conventions: nice-smelling ingredients, usually derived from flowers and plants, are blended into a harmony of aromas, creating fragrant concoctions to allure and delight.

But an emerging trend is seeing perfumers break with tradition, as they look to diversify in an over-flooded market. Cheese, cars and the smell of sweat are just some of the latest scents to be captured and bottled for a market eager to try unique and individual new perfumes."

• • •

I Hate Perfume
CB is very innovative perfumer. In some ways more of a conceptual artist that perfumer.

His perfumes include:
IN THE LIBRARY
"The main note in this scent was copied from one of my favorite books – I happened to find a signed first edition of this novel a few years ago in London. I was more than a little excited because there were only ever a hundred in the first place!

English Novel taken from a Signed First Edition of one of my very favorite novels, Russian & Moroccan leather bindings, worn cloth and a hint of wood polish. "


BURNING LEAVES
The smoke of burning maple leaves – pure & simple.

• • •

The Sherman Foundation is going to develop a fragrance!
It is going to be called: NAPALM IN THE MORNING

I've just contacted CB at I Hate Perfume about working on this with me. Stay tuned for more info.
(I should get Juice Newton for the music for a promotional video)




• • •

Hasbro's has released a Play Doh fragrance as part of a 50th birthday promotion.

http://www.hasbro.com/playdoh/default.cfm?page=50thbday

• • •

Did you know that one of the ingredients in Chanel No. 5 is Civit oil? It's made from the anal glands of Civits.


No comments: