Friday, August 25, 2006


UMVELT is term used to describe the perceptual reality a species experiences based on the sensory physiology. It is often used in discussions of visual perception and animals.

I have broadened the use of the term to describe the very different reality tunnel that some unique individuals have.

Here is a roundup and celebration of some of those individuals.

Mark Borchardt, Filmmaker and subject of the documentary American Movie.

Crispin Glover

HR Giger

The Sherman Foundation has considered awarding prizes, much like Nobel, but different.
The prizes agreed upon by the oversight committee thus far are for:
1. Wasted Human Potential
2. Needless Squandering of Resources

I am considering proposing one for Outstanding Umvelt.


Buy Kamagra said...

Interesting information above, I've never seen the term before... I think you've a great blog and I like what you done. Maybe we can share more about terms, that's my passion.

pharmacy said...

This is perfect I had never heard about this term too, I'd like to know more about it it's interesting that this being based on perceptual reality, I have a book where I have many things related to other tendencies if you want I can share them with you. said...

I found so much useful data in this post!