Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Old Grey Lady Wants to Get in My Pants

I just listened to an amusing piece on NPR by Brian Unger on "and the seeming obsession among writers and editors of The New York Times with the mind of the American bachelor": The 'Times' Fascination with the Single Man

The article was in response to this post on Gawker:
Coming to a Sunday Styles Near You: 'Yellow-Light Bachelors'

And a string of NYTimes articles in the past:
Metrosexuals Come Out

Gay or Straight? Hard to Tell

The Man Date

1 comment:

king friday said...

Back in my single days a "metrosexual" was defined by how high a man's pompadour was or the thickness his mustache. No, metrosexual ever wore his robe above the knee, or allowed anyone to see his naked hands. Satin mittens were preferred, but silk was acceptable.

I can't understand the modern vernacular: product, flat front pants, man-date. None of it makes any sense to me.

As I gaze into the mirror I can proudly say that I am still the definition of a metrosexual. Oh Friday! The ladies still say you are the best start their weekend. It is times like these I am glad I have a hand up my robe.