Friday, May 30, 2008

It's raining cranes, hallelujah, it's raining cranes

I suspect that my good friend the HMS "Monkey Dawg" (also known as "back that ass up in some circles) performed a bit of frotterism on a large, industrial crane on Manhattan's upper east side. Yet another has just collapsed. Happy Birthday you deformed, lovable man.

I'm putting together: Collapsing Cranes: The Soundtrack. I've got a few so far but I'm looking to flush out the list. Your help is needed in this time of crisis. So far Ive got:

Chilli Peppers: (If you see me getting high) Knock me Down

They Might Be Giants: They'll Need a Crane

In all seriousness, WTF? Was there a knowledge and skill exodus in the crane industry last year?


Kelly Marie said...

mama said knock you out ll cool J
demolition brothers my chemical romance
demolition rickshaw the aquabats
theyll need a crane the wrens

kathleen said...

Chili Peppers' cover of Higher Ground

Los Lobos - High Places ("The trouble with being in high places/ when you fall it's a long way down."

The Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace With God
Uncle Tupelo - Watch Me Fall
Depeche Mode - Never Let Me Down Again
Tom Waits - Falling Down

Anonymous said...

love you man!

Looking forward to seeing how bright you star will get.

You're off to a terrific (or should I say, terrifying) start.