Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Eno & Byrne Reunite

I've always been a huge fan of the Talking Heads/Brian Eno collaborations as well as Byrne and Eno's "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts". To think that "Remain in Light" (the last Heads album created with Brian Eno) was released in 1980 and "Bush of Ghosts" was release in 1981 is almost inexplicable. The use of sampling, found sources and complex polyrhythm was light years ahead of itself.

"The Great Curve" from "Remain in Light". The Cover, shown in this YouTube post was the first ever to feature computerized graphics. The design was created by the late Tibor Kalman.



"Help Me Somebody" from "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts". I've listened to this song 300+ times, it still opens my third eye.



Eno and Byrne have reunited to create a new release, "Everything that Happens will Happen Today". They actualy worked remotely, sending tracks to one another via email.

NYTimes article: Together Again in Different Time Zones

I've been complaining about the lack of portable, embeddable options for audio on the web. Bravo to these guys for being so forward thinking and providing the great player below.



1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I love everything about this. My husband has been sending tracks back and forth with a friend in Maine who's an amazing guitar player. They both use Garageband and an MBox, and the quality is startlingly good.

Per portable audio, I don't know what Blogger's capabilities are, but Wordpress has a sweet little plugin that works wonderfully. No video, but it looks like the Eno/Byrne piece is a flash app, so it's easily done.