Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Hear Empire Down!

October always brings out the Goth I keep harbored within but The Sisters of Mercey's "Lucretia" seems relevant in a larger cultural sense given all that is happening.

I hear the roar of a big machine
Two worlds and in between
Hot metal and methedrine
I hear empire down
I hear empire down

I hear the roar of a big machine
Two worlds and in between
Love lost, fire at will
Dum-dum bullets and shoot to kill, I hear
Dive, bombers, and
Empire down
Empire down



From The New York Times: Are We Rome? Tu Betchus!
As Seneca, the Roman Stoic who advised treating the body “somewhat strictly,” wrote in a letter: “Avoid whatever is approved of by the mob, and things that are the gift of chance. Whenever circumstance brings some welcome thing your way, stop in suspicion and alarm ...They are snares. ... we think these things are ours when in fact it is we who are caught. That track leads to precipices; life on that giddy level ends in a fall.”



For my Goth Princess, Kim. Thanks for the link.


No comments: