Saturday, November 01, 2008

The Stuyvesant Town Rape Forest

The management of Stuyvesant Town in New York City is to be commended on the excellent job they have done on the grounds of this building complex. There is a new community day care, lounge and library. There are newly renovated basketball courts and playground equipment.




The lawns and the fountain look great and every Sunday there is a greenmarket.




There is one thing that they have done that makes me a little nervous. They have planted A LOT of trees around the buildings.




It gets dark around these buildings at night. When I walk the sidewalks to go to friends apartments and I survey all of these trees, plated so closely together I can't help but think that it will get harder and harder to see if anything is lurking in the fledgeling growth.




6 comments:

Annabelle Echo said...

Wow! Another coincidence on your blog: My cousin lives @ Stuyvesant Town Complex. I'll give her a heads up...

Thomas Sherman said...

Ask her what she thinks of the fledgeling forest. My friends that live their poo poo my security concerns...

In the future... I see horrifying ambushes under the cover of night... you've all been warned

Anonymous said...

A very late reply. (I just found this comment while doing a web search on a related matter.) I live in Stuy Town and had the same reaction that you did. I tend to take the long view and have already concluded that as a result of one of these 'forests', off the Avenue B/14th Street entrance, the shortest route is not going to be used by me after dark when the trees attain more growth.

Since they plopped a security pole gizmo on this path (alert box and maybe a camera), I have to believe that it occurred to someone that security was compromised by this totally unecessary landscaping. (At least they planted what are likely maple trees, not dense firs.) A lawsuit waiting to happen.

Nixta said...

As a confirmed poo-pooer, I just don't think that these are trees that will grow much thicker.

Furthermore, those security pods have been getting installed since way before the landscaping was even a glimmer in a now doubtless fired employees eyes. I say doubtless fired because they've just laid off a load of their staff.

Ah, Tishman Speyer, is there nothing to which you won't stoop to make your purchase of PCVST even more disastrous?

Thomas Sherman said...

DON'T LISTEN TO HIM, HE'S ONE OF THE RAPISTS!

buy kamagra said...

I think that it is great to know that many trees have been planted around the building because it creates a very nice environment