Tuesday, January 06, 2009

A deviation from normative fashion...

...because you really can't call it a hat, can you?

I spotted this woman at the confections counter in a relatively upscale department store. I stealthy snapped off a shot just as she got the clerks attention and pointed to the chocolates she wanted.

I've been trying to find an interesting way to think about this, to find some deeper questions about fashion and display behavior, but I've got nothing for you except these shots of this woman and her crazy looking "hat".





3 comments:

kathleen said...

I can't honestly think of a better way to get the attention of sales people. Maybe this is simply an example of form following function? :-P

Nixta said...

It seems to me to be some sort of military ceremonial garb. Assuming I'm reading it right and that's a chin-strap half way up her chin.

Quite why she's wearing it is another matter. Methinks she's just some batty old gabillionaire trying to shop incognito.

VanHalenCobraNut said...

the truth is, she doesn't even know it's there. a turkey fell from the sky and died on her head. but she was so sauced on her slow gin fizz to notice the thump. poor thing. the turkey, i mean.