Saturday, August 07, 2010

I'm Comic Sans, Asshole

A wildly amusing monolog via McSweeney gives voice to the font that many in the "design community" love to hate. Here's a brief excerpt:

While Gotham is at the science fair, I'm banging the prom queen behind the woodshop. While Avenir is practicing the clarinet, I'm shredding "Reign In Blood" on my double-necked Stratocaster. While Univers is refilling his allergy prescriptions, I'm racing my tricked-out, nitrous-laden Honda Civic against Tokyo gangsters who'll kill me if I don't cross the finish line first. I am a sans serif Superman and my only kryptonite is pretentious buzzkills like you.

I'm Comic Sans, Asshole by Mike Lacher


For the pretentious and controlling there is a website devoted to the extermination of comic sans: Ban Comic Sans


For the highly evolved there is always The Sherman Foundation and this blazing essay: As Stupid as a Graphic Designer: The Slippery Subject of Style.



No comments: